About Adirondack Kids R Us
Welcome to the KIDS "R" US Family where children are our top priority. We are excited that you and your child will be participating in our program as you pursue your educational, vocational, personal or professional goals.
One of our goals is that parents and staff become a team making our Early Learning Center a rewarding place for all children. This website is designed to be a guideline for parents and staff. It is important to read this information thoroughly. If you have any questions or concerns, we will be happy to talk with you. We look forward to knowing you and your child, and together giving your child the best quality care possible.
Kids "R" Us Staff
Our professionally trained and experienced staff consists of an: Administrator, Assistant Director, 4 Child Care Providers, 4 Child Care Assistants, and 2 Part Time Assistants.
**All staff hold Advanced degrees in Early Childhood Education and/or a Child Development Associate Credential.
**All staff are certified in Infant/Child CPR and First Aid. Several staff are trained to administer medication to children during center hours.
Kids R Us Mission Statement
We will recognize and accept each child as a unique individual with varying needs, capabilities, and interests. In a safe and nurturing environment, we will provide an extended family atmosphere with staff that will educate, encourage, care, and support each child's right to be all they can be physically, emotionally, intellectually, and socially.
- To provide an atmosphere where children feel secure, confident, and free to explore and question.
- To help children develop a positive self-image by experiencing successful achievements, which in turn promote self-esteem.
- To enable and encourage children to communicate and express feelings and needs in an acceptable way.
- To engage children in a variety of creative activities encouraging the use of their own imagination.
- To develop self-confidence and a sense of responsibility.
- To develop an understanding of cooperation, compromise, sharing and taking turns.
- To support and educate parents on issues of child development, child rearing, family dynamics and other areas that will enhance their ability to be successful parents.